Need that chocolate fix? Sure, eating a couple Oreos can do the trick, but why not kick it up a notch this fancy parfait recipe.
The parfaits are not too heavy or too sweet — the layers of Hershey’s chocolate pudding, chocolate chips and crushed Oreos compliment each other deliciously. It’s an easy recipe, a lot of fun to make and your guests will absolutely love it with a glass of green tea or even milk.
Recipe | Servings: 24 small bowls | Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 36 regular Oreos
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 1 (12 oz) container Cool Whip, divided
- 2 (3.9 oz) pkg’s. chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 10-15 sliced strawberries
- Crush the Oreos in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Add melted butter into the bag and mix until combined.
- Press Oreo mixture into the bottom of the bowls and place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip, then spread the mixture lightly over the crust.
- Place in the fridge for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the chocolate pudding and cold milk. Whisk together until thick. Then spread over the top of the cream cheese layer. I put the pudding into a large Ziploc bag, cut the corner of the bag, and used it as a piping tube to evenly spread out the pudding.
- Place back in the fridge for another 5-10 minutes to allow pudding to set.
- Once pudding has set spread remaining Cool Whip on the chocolate layer and then top with chocolate chips, sliced strawberries (optional), and a single Oreo. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving.